Tim Soulo from ahrefs published a Twitter poll asking will you pay cash to get links in 2022? Regretfully, someone spammed the poll but I recreated it and it plainly shows that lots of, nearly half of SEOs, are intending on buying and spending for links in 2022. Here is the recreated survey: Will you pay money to get links in 2022?(Please be honest)Original survey through @timsoulo however somebody spammed the survey and messed up the results– Barry Schwartz (@rustybrick) January 6, 2022 With 770 results, if you remove the see outcomes alternative, you see about 53% say they will not pay for links in 2022 however 47% stated they will pay for links in 2022. This is despite Google having a particular guideline against paid links stating “Buying or selling links that pass PageRank is in infraction of Googles Webmaster Guidelines and can adversely affect a websites ranking in search results page.” Likewise, in 2017, Gary Illyes from Google stated that buying links is like tossing money out of the window.Does this surprise you at all?Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Why LiveRamp Is Banking On Google Cloud For Its Next Growth Spurt
- Even If Targeted Online Advertising Isn’t Banned – Take Note Of Which Way The Wind Is Blowing
- Data May Drive Your Business, But Who’s Really At The Wheel?
- Google Ads New Experiments Page Now Live
- Google Requires Both Product & Car Markup For Review Snippets In Google Search